Monday, February 24, 2014

News from Namibia!

Greetings from Namibia!

 It’s coming up on one month here in Namibia.  It has been a time of highs and lows both spiritually and emotionally.  When I arrived in Okahandja I was the only one here for training.  There was another couple that was meant to be here with me for training from Zambia, but they were having Visa issues.  So for the first 15 days here I was basically alone besides the couple that runs OM Namibia, Japie and Ronel, who are amazing.  Still the time of stillness and being quiet was still very hard.  I did have a lot more time to be in God’s word and read other books as well.  There isn’t a blog long enough to tell you what He has been teaching me.   

Some of you read my blog and saw that the Africa Trek was coming through for training as well.  It was such a blessing to have them here for a little over two weeks.  My room of three bunk beds was overcrowded with six people instead of one and meals consisted of 16 people as well.   This group of 15 was made up of six people from South Africa, one Zambian, two Australians, one German, four Americans (one girl walked around saying Boomer Sooner all the time when she heard I was from Lubbock, I just responded with “O Who?), and one from the Neatherlands.  (I knew two of the guys, which was nice)

As their time was wrapping up they were planning on going to do an outreach towards the cost of Namibia.  From the beginning I was told that I would join them for this time (about 8 days) and then return to Okahandja.  The day before we left we received word that the couple from Zambia would be arriving that next morning.  So plans changed.  I was no longer going to be going with the Trek but now going with another couple from Namibia eight hours north from where we were and doing an outreach there. 

The next morning I left as the Trekkies were packing their vans and headed off on my two day journey.  In the 24 hour period that I was told about the change until the time I left we were still having times of intense study.  So I was asked to just put the changes in the back of my mind and to focus on the teachings.  Which I did.  However I had a un-peace about the change.  I just pushed it aside and thought “oh, that’s just me not liking last minute changes, I’ll be fine”.   As the 3 hour drive commenced I continued to feel the same un-peace that I did earlier.  I spent most of the drive in prayer and also slept a little.  I prayed that God would give me peace about this trip and that I would be ready to serve when I arrived.  That peace never came.  

The couple that I was with prayed with me and we all felt confirmation that I didn’t need to be going into such a dark spiritual place for an outreach if I wasn’t at peace with it.  Now without going into a ton of useless details I was able to return to Okahandja the next morning. 
Upon return I was worried that I had failed my task and that I had disappointed people.  I spent a lot of time in prayer with Ronel and through the Holy Spirit broke down the lie that was inside me that if I failed a task that would make me a failure and I would let people down.   This has been a stronghold in my life for many years. 

So, now that the couple from Zambia is here they are doing some of the training that I did with the Trekkies and then I’m not sure if I will rejoin them or if I will be going to Pretoria, South Africa earlier than planned.  This is all very up in the air right now.

Once in Pretoria and I have more than 30 minutes of internet per week I will be able to get out a proper newsletter.  I suspect that they will never be the same because God will always be doing new things in my life.  So, right now I am just wanted to give you an overview of the last month and ask so very much for your prayers as the next days/week will have a lot of decisions to be made in it.  In the future I don’t plan for them to be this long.  I know it’s a lot to read.

Love y’all
(I’ll never loose my y’all!)

Amy Kidwell


Prayer Request: 
Pray that God continues to break down lies that the enemy wants me to believe.
Pray that I continue to grow more dependent on God.
Pray that God reveals to me and the other leaders if I need to go to Pretoria sooner to start my ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment